Promoting British Values:
- We believe that our school is a unique place to work and learn. It has an individual identity that combines traditional values with a modern, vibrant vision.
- The children learn about democracy in a range of contexts which are meaningful to them. Our School Council, Pupil Voice and Pupil questionnaires are ways that we provide the experience of being part of a democracy as well as our Parliamentary workshop visit each year for Key Stage Two pupils from UK Parliament.
- The importance of Laws, whether they be those that govern the class, the school, or the country, are consistently reinforced throughout the day, as well as when dealing with behaviour.
- Children learn that their behaviours have an effect on their own rights and those of others. All members of the school community treat each other with respect.
- We value the diverse ethnic background of all pupils and families and undertake a variety of events and lessons to celebrate these. Our No-Outsiders is taught within our curriculum to all pupils at Belgrave.
- Weekly themes / values are introduced in assembly each week and built upon in classes during the week. These include themes such as: compassion, democracy, tolerance, hope or a charity / themed week focus.